Time: 18:00 – 21:00
Date: Thursday 15th June 2017
Venue: Mayer Brown LLP, 201 Bishopsgate, London EC2M 3AF
China Ventures and Mayer Brown International LLP will jointly host a practical Panel Discussion of Investing in tech companies in Europe: a Chinese Perspective on 15th June 2017 during London Tech Week.
The event will be a panel discussion format to provide insight into and discuss how to maximize the potential for Chinese investment in European technology businesses.
This discussion aims to bring investors and businesses together, to identify investment opportunities in European technology companies, focus on the most challenging issues of the transaction process, including: valuation, deal structure, legal matters, and post-deal integration and others, in particular for private equity investors.
The Panel Discussion will allow attendees:
- to have the most productive interface with the panellists;
- to provide a networking opportunity for guests to exchange views and engage with Chinese investors and advisors;
- to allow attendees to build long-term GUANXI (关系), and to help break down the barriers of cultural and legal difference, etc.
The Panel Discussion will cover, but not be limited to:
- Finding shared vision and objectives: opportunities in the European tech landscape
- Suitable deal structure to optimize deal success for stakeholders
- Governance issues and board representation
- Valuation methods and pitfalls
- Legal matters and considerations in private equity transactions
- Breaking down barriers to engage with Chinese Investors
- Routes to exit in China
Panellists are representatives from legal, corporate finance and private equity firms with extensive experience in all aspects of finance and executing transactions with a focus in technology.